The idea of Open Data Hack Days around the world is interesting. What we need is some additional central promotion and reporting site. Each of these events produces some new data connectors, data processing or data visualisation progresses. Some of them are contributed in open source. How could we capitlize on all these distributed efforts?
I just mention below some of these events I am aware of:
- Hackfest 2010 (Hackaton) http://www.opendataday.org/ It’s a gathering of citizens in cities around the world to write applications using open public data to show support for and encourage the adoption open data policies by the world’s local, regional and national governments
- Hackday http://www.opendataday.org/wiki/City_Events Name of all cities participating in an open data hackday on 4th December 2010
- Transport Hack Day Datasets http://opendata.thegisthub.net/2011/03/transport-hack-day-datasets/
- Open Data Hack Day on Sat Feb 19th http://091labs.com/2011/02/open-data-hack-day-this-sat-feb-19th/
- Open Hack Day #odhd http://talkweb.eu/openweb/422
- Videos on open data days http://goo.gl/fFJV1
I am interested in any existing list list of such events.